Have you heard? There’s another one coming. Anticipation is building and
I’m struggling to trust in (all of) my resolutions for the new year I’m enjoying some festive drinks and working away on a design project. Funny thing is I know I can be whatever I truly want to be, but the mix of misfortunes and shake-ups from 2013 left a trail of debris that I’m still working to clear. Confidence issues, or something. Maybe my hesitation to be totally joyful in joining the communal welcome is just the “you’re supposed to reflect on the year and make the next one better” pressure. Maybe its just the grey skies and cold. Maybe its knowing what I really have to do to move on…
Anyway, here are some arty/worky things from 2013:
- ART of the BAYOU It was wonderful getting to know all these South LA artists and truly an honor to share their work.
- Reconnected with an artistic collaborator (we first made videos in 2001!) through the Bayou project. This connection is proving to be one of the most powerful and positive occurrences in 2013. We’re planning a homecoming show, of sorts, in Houma during March 2014. Like us? hate us?…come to the show…you won’t be disappointed. Here’s one of the (many) videos I’ve made for my dear old friend Stephen Berger’s music. [vimeo https://vimeo.com/76669876 w=600]
- Speaking of shows, I’m excited to start the new year in the company of some beautiful, talented artists on January 4th for “Moses Knightshead’s Heaven and Hell” at the Bayou Terrebonne Waterlife Museum. I’m looking forward to this show and many more to come.
- Began work with The Helio Foundation; currently building a partnerships and working to bring arts-based programming to kids in and around Houma
- Picked up an exciting graphic design job creating a walking map for Historic Downtown Houma, and brochures for the Bayou Terrebonne Waterlife Museum, Terrebonne Folklife Culture Center and the Houma Downtown Marina. I’ve got Creative Suite and I’m not afraid to use it!
So, happy New Year. I wish you all the blessings of now and forever. I’ll be welcoming 2014 in a quiet old house (save for the insane fireworks blasting around it) in my favorite city with my favorite kid, while enjoying the warmth of shared art, spiritual connection and future visions…..